S H A K E – SAVING HEART ATTACK KEY EFFORTS
CREATING AWARENESS TO PREVENT HEART ATTACKS
Dr. Azad Moopen
Dr. Azad Moopen is an Indian Physician-turned Entrepreneur / Philanthropist based in Dubai. He passed his MBBS with Gold Medal and MD from the Government Medical College, Calicut and did his DTCD from Delhi University, India. In 1987.
He is the Founder Chairman and Managing Director of Aster DM Healthcare, a public listed
company in Indian Stock Exchange.
Healthcare Entrepreneur: Aster DM Healthcare (www.asterdmhealthcare.com), with operations in GCC & India employs about 20,000 people, which includes 2400 doctors, 6500 Nurses and 3500 plus paramedical staff. Aster has 353 establishments which comprises of 21 Hospitals, 113 Clinics and 219 Pharmacies. 15 million patients are being served every year. Aster DM Healthcare which provides an ecosystem of Primary to Quaternary care is well recognized for its focus on quality and patient safety. In areas of Clinical and Service Excellence, all the establishments are accredited by NABH (National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers) or by JCI (Joint Commission International). Aster MIMS in Kerala, one of the hospitals of Aster DM Healthcare established in 2001 has the distinction of being the first multi-speciality hospital in India accredited by NABH. Hospitals like Aster Medcity, Kochi (www.astermedcity.com) and Aster CMI Hospital (www.asterbangalore.com) provide tertiary to quaternary care including all transplants. This attracts large number of patients from different parts of India and abroad for quality treatment at affordable cost.
Philanthropy & Social Activities: Dr. Moopen has earmarked large part of his personal wealth for charity through Aster Volunteers (www.astervolunteers.com) for healthcare related and other social initiatives.
Some of the ongoing activities are
1. Free / Subsidized treatments in India
2. Free / Subsidized Dialysis Centres in India
3. Free Paediatric Cardiac Surgery Programmes for under privileged across geographies.
4. Special Needs School in India
5. Providing jobs for people with special needs
6. Refugee relief program in Syria since 2016 – Middle East
7. Cancer Screening Centres for the underprivileged in various countries
8. Healthcare Awareness Programs
9. BLS Training of general population
10. Food for Famine affected population in Somalia
Awards & Recognitions: 1. ‘Padma Shri’, the 4th highest civilian award by the Government of India, received from the President of India (in 2011), recognizing his social services.
2. ‘Pravasi Bharatiya Samman’ by the Government of India, received from the President of India (in 2010), honouring his remarkable contributions to the Indian Diaspora.
3. ‘Arab Health Award’ (in 2010), received from the Arab Health Forum, for his outstanding contributions to the Middle East healthcare industry.
4.‘Best Doctor Award’ (in 2009) by the Government of Kerala, India.
He is the Board Member of Abu Dhabi University and is also the Director of ‘NORKA Roots’ (Non-Resident Keralite Affairs), and the Vice Chairman of SAFI (Social Advancement Foundation of India). He is the Founder President of AKMG (All Kerala Medical Graduates Association, UAE)